When I was browsing around on the web looking for a locksmith San Antonio, I was a little concerned about finding someone who offered credible services. I had heard horror stories about people who were referred to local locksmiths that turned out to be no where near local; they only advertised themselves as such. These pseudo-local locksmiths take your calls from a call center, give you an estimate, and then when the contracted locksmith arrives he will ask for a significantly greater amount of money. Luckily, I found Champion Lock & Safe Co. to handle all of my locksmith needs at affordable rates. But if you aren’t in the Central Texas area and are looking for a legitimate local locksmith, here are some tips from the Better Business Bureau:
• Get recommendations from friends, family, co-workers and neighbors.
• Be wary if a company you call answers with a generic phrase like “locksmith services” and not a specific company name.
• Get an estimate on EVERYTHING before work begins. Also ask about any additional charges. Verify it at least twice before you agree to services.
• Find out if the locksmith is insured.
• When the locksmith arrives, ask for ID. In addition, a credible locksmith should verify your information as well.
• After the work is complete get an itemized report on all of the charges and parts used.